Ways of measuring the indicators
We will be using several data sources for the indicators:
- Community engagement sessions led by Indigenous organizations
- Interviews with First Nations, Inuit and Métis adults who have lived experience of the cancer journey
- Indigenous-led surveys that provide high quality, Indigenous-determined and Indigenous-owned data
- Surveys with First Nations, Inuit and Métis identifiers where approval has been given by Indigenous organizations whose community members are represented in the data
- Linkage between Indigenous registries and healthcare databases made possible through collaboration between Indigenous organizations and cancer agencies/programs
Data will be added as they become available, starting spring 2023.