We hope you and your families are staying safe in these unprecedented COVID-19 times. We recognize that these are difficult times for people affected by cancer like you, potentially confronting an overwhelmed healthcare system. Please know that our thoughts are with you.
The amount of information circulating in the media and on social channels can sometimes be confusing. We have compiled a list of helpful resources from trusted cancer charities we hope you find helpful.
- Canadian Cancer Society (CCS) is offering the latest on COVID-19, the risk to Canadians and people with cancer, how to protect yourself, symptoms, and what to do if you have symptoms. CCS is also offering peer support and online chat for patients.
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Canada: Coronavirus resources and what you need to know
- Wellspring Calgary is offering virtual mental health support via Zoom.
- Gilda’s Club is offering group, exercise and mindfulness support programs via Zoom, start by filling out a membership request form.
- Canadian Breast Cancer Network: Breast Cancer Now – Advice on coronavirus for people with cancer
- Save Your Skin Foundation: COVID-19 Information Hub
- YACC Community
- All.Can Canada Initiative: COVID-19 Cancer Patient Support Hub
- Look Good Feel Better: Workshops
Regional cancer program information
Below is a list of links for regional information for cancer patients and caregivers to help them navigate their care during this time.
BC Cancer: FAQ page
Alberta Health Services: full resource centre
CancerCare Manitoba: information page
Ontario Health: information page
Ministère de la Santé et des Services Sociaux: information page
- Eastern Health: COVID-19 self-assessment tool and information page
- Nova Scotia Health Authority: FAQ page
- New Brunswick: information page
- PEI Cancer Treatment Centre: information page
Wellness Together Canada
Many people are concerned about their physical and mental wellbeing. Canadians are being challenged in a number of ways because of isolation, financial and employment uncertainty and disruptions to daily life. Wellness Together Canada provides tools and resources to help get Canadians back on track.
Patient and Family Advisors
The Partnership’s roster of valued Patient and Family Advisors continue to stay informed about our work and connected to each other during this pandemic via their dedicated online collaborative space. Staff continue to check in with them to share helpful resources being offered by cancer charities and frontline cancer agencies and health ministries across Canada.