September 25, 2023
This opportunity is for independent contractors only. The successful contractor will sign a vendor agreement with CPACC. Contractors are not considered CPACC employees.
The Partnership’s Finance and Corporate Services Division leads all services to secure a sound financial platform and ensure that the organization has the technical, operational, infrastructure, talent management and change management capabilities necessary to achieve the maximum impact for its mandate and budget. The team works alongside all divisions in managing financial aspects of programs and initiatives that aim to deliver on the eight priorities of the 2019-2029 Canadian Strategy for Cancer Control.
Overview of Role
This is a 6-month contract position. The Consultant, Business Systems Analyst supports the Finance & Corporate Services Division in carrying out projects and initiatives to achieve organizational priorities. The Consultant, Business Systems Analyst will work with an interdisciplinary team across the organization to identify, elicit, analyze, and prioritize requirements around reporting, processes, and systems. The Consultant must be detail-oriented, highly organized, have a strong understanding of business operations and processes and have demonstrated experience in leading and managing business process improvement projects, corporate data analysis, technology evaluations, and enterprise reporting and data governance projects.
Core Responsibilities & Activities
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Director, Information Technology the consultant will lead and be responsible for identifying and eliciting requirements for data collection and reporting, processes, and systems.
- Work with interdisciplinary teams across the organization to identify, gather, and document business requirements for data collection and reporting and business process improvement.
- Facilitate discussions, analyze data and business processes to identify gaps and recommend process and system changes.
- Organize and present information clearly using plain language to support decision-making.
- Develop a multi-year roadmap for business process improvements and reporting.
- Collaborate with IT team to design and implement technology solutions as required.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Stay current with industry trends and best practices related to business process improvement and reporting.
The Partnership’s core competencies are a key element to reviewing performance. While the duties and responsibilities of a position tell you the “what,” the competencies tell you the “how.” We have developed five universal competencies which we expect to be exhibited by all individuals.
- Inclusive – values diversity and applies an equity lens; consciously thinks about who needs to be included
- Agile – is constantly adapting to partners, priorities and outcomes; is committed to continuous learning and improvement; promotes new ways of doing things
- Collaborative – partners and builds strong relationships; works effectively with team members, focusing on delivering individual contributions to meet collective outcomes
- Outcomes-focused – focuses on the ultimate impact, priorities work with a focus on underserved groups
- Systems-thinking – connects the dots between their work and the broader system, has political acuity
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in business and systems analysis or similar role
- Strong understanding of business operations and processes
- Experience with corporate reporting
- Have a good understanding and experience with data analysis, modeling, visualization, and governance.
- Experience creating process flow diagrams.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible and highly adaptive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong project management skills
- Experience working with interdisciplinary teams across the organization.
- Experience working with similar healthcare and/or non-profit organizations preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft 365 (Outlook, Word, Project, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams)