This position is part of the Cancer Control Division, headed by the VP. This Division is responsible for overall delivery of the Strategic Priorities in the Partnership’s mandate, with a focus on the Partnership’s Programs and the development of effective and strategically salient initiatives through effective working relationships with clinical, medical, professional and stakeholder partners to reduce the impact of cancer on Canadians. This division drives the Partnership’s core mandate of reducing the risk of cancer, lowering mortality, and improving the experience of Canadians affected by cancer through collaboration with system partners. It works in close collaboration with the other divisions to develop, deliver and report ongoing progress on an effective cancer control strategy.
Reporting to the Director, Person-Centred Perspective and Prevention (as delegated by the VP, Cancer Control) the Administrative Assistant is accountable to provide administrative support to the Person-Centred Perspective and Prevention portfolio as well as providing operational support to programs and initiatives.
- Provide administrative and operational support to the assigned Director(s) and programs of work
- Provide support for strategic, operational, and project planning processes
- Support the Division/department(s) with administrative duties as required such as: draft and revise documents, manage correspondence, file papers, make photocopies, send faxes, produce reports, arrange page layouts, make corrections, digitally scan materials, etc.
- Collaborate with other division administrative staff to facilitate more effective and efficient processes, fair distribution of work, and to ensure policies are consistently adhered to
- Provide support to development of publications and presentations through assisting with layout and coordinating proofreading, translation etc.
- Assists with planning and coordination for internal and external conferences and meetings with key stakeholders called by or involving departmental team members
- Coordinate meeting notifications, agenda items, boardroom bookings, catering and provide logistics support, arrange speaker engagements, prepare and distribute meeting materials, minute taking, follow up on action items for the Division
- Review and code meeting expenses following the Partnership’s policies and processes
- Maintain records of event aspects, including financial details, attendees and invoices, and update the events tracking system accordingly
- Coordinate and verify travel arrangements for designated team members, Senior Scientific Leads and Expert Leads and works with the Partnership should any itinerary changes be required
- Coordinate team meetings including scheduling, room booking, agenda preparation, minute taking and follow-up on action items
- Manage correspondence, databases including CRM updates, records management systems, and paper and electronic filing systems for the area, ensuring accessibility of data – including translation, media enquiries and mailing lists
- Address or redirect queries from internal and external sources on behalf of the assigned Director/ Department
- Schedule appointments, and maintain and updates appointments in the Director’s calendar
- Assist with incoming and outgoing mail and courier deliveries for the Director/ Department
- Assists the division in carrying out their various projects and initiatives
- Provide backup administrative support to other divisions and the Office of the CEO as needed, and provide back-up to Reception on a rotational basis with other Administrative Support staff
- Other administrative duties as required to support the assigned Director(s)/ Department(s)
- Drive innovation and culture change by delivering accelerated impact and reinforcing a collaborative culture
- Support Director/department accountabilities, strategic priorities and core enabling functions
Essential skills and attributes
- Strong knowledge of administrative/office procedures and practices, and a demonstrated ability to initiate new practices and procedures to improve efficiencies
- Ability to work with minimal direction, and to take the initiative whenever appropriate, and manage work load and priorities to accomplish tasks and objectives
- Strong internal and external relationship management skills, ability to interact and work professionally and effectively with staff at all levels and key stakeholders
- Knowledge of electronic and paper-based document management systems
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and multi-task within a fast-paced environment
- High quality standards and degree of diplomacy, tact, discretion and good judgment
- High customer service skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, correspondence, and reports
- Ability to communicate effectively in both official languages an asset
- A commitment to collaboration and a joint-accountability approach
- Self-motivated and a willingness to take initiative
- Adaptability to unanticipated changes, flexibility, diplomacy and tact
Experience and education
- College/University degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience, including administrative and record keeping abilities
- Proven experience in providing a broad range of administrative support in complex, fast moving environments with multiple accountabilities and often competing demands
- Experience planning and coordinating internal and external conferences and meetings with stakeholders
- Excellent technical skills (Microsoft Office products, publication/production/presentation software and new technologies)
- Previous work related experience coordinating travel arrangements
- Experience in healthcare and/or not-for-profit is an asset
To apply, please forward your CV and cover letter combined in one file in Word or PDF format to TM@partnershipagainstcancer.ca, noting the position you are applying for in the subject line.
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer thanks all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
Director, Person-Centred Perspective and Prevention
Downtown Toronto, near Union Station
Full-time 3-month contract with the possibility of extension
July 11, 2019
July 18, 2019